Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back in my world

March 23, 2009

I just re-read my initial re-entry blog entry. And, I must say, it is a pretty accurate reflection of how this transition has been. And still is.

I'm feeling lonely, like I left such a huge part of myself in Kenya. I have wonderful friends and family here reaching out and I am slowly thawing to their love and support. I've basically spent a week under a blanket eating chocolate. Monday I promised myself I would get busy and get on with life. I have revamped my resume, condensing myself to one page of skills, experience and accomplishments that I think someone might want to pay me for. I wonder if anyone would like to pay me to spend money in Kenya protecting springs, sending kids to school, training teachers and families on their strengths and virtues, providing hope... building latrines, equipping classrooms with text books, producing youth leadership workshops, providing seed money for micro finance enterprises, putting in fish farms for food sustainability, feeding orphans, sponsoring salaries for nurses, physiotherapists and teachers... oh, so much to do that means so much.

I brought back little fired mud piggy banks from the Kakamega market... each day as I put in a 2-nie I feel that much closer to my next trip.

I hope to have some pictures posted on facebook this week and we will be scheduling some presentations soon for those who would like to hear about our experience of Kenya and the organizations that are doing such good work.

Thanks for being with us on this journey. And please accept my apology in advance as I stumble my way back to my world in the West. I really am grateful for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment